Welcome to our 30th Anniversary Celebrations!
Thank you for registering as a participant of PSPJ’s 30th Anniversary Celebration at Bukit Kiara Equestrian and Country Resort on Saturday, 9th September 2017. Due to overwhelming response, invitation to this event is now closed.
Please take note of these latest updates:
1. Registration is at any time from 1.00 pm onwards until the dinner starts. Please bring your invitation card. You will be given a coloured tee-shirt (in the goodies bag) to be worn if you are joining the model photo shoot contest.
2. For the dinner, please look for your table number on a chart at the entrance of the Oriental Pearl Restaurant or at the registration counter.
3. No alcoholic drinks will be served during the dinner. You are also advised not to bring any alcoholic drinks.
4. The exhibitors at the booths located at the foyer of Dewan Berjaya (where the seminar is being held) are:
- YL Camera – camera accessories including Athabasca filters
- Econ Network – Fujitsu batteries and chargers
- Econ Technology – JJC camera accessories
- Lee Photo – NiSi filters
- Fujifilm – camera, lenses and accessories
- PCP Publications – various photography and travel magazines
You can enjoy some great discounts from these vendors.
5. For those who are going for the seminar and/or the model photo shoot contest and wish to freshen up and/or change before the dinner may do so at the changing rooms next to the swimming pool.
6. Model photo shoot contest participants, please take note of the following:
At the registration, you be randomly assigned to one of seven groups. These groups will be identified by using tee-shirt colours that contestants must wear during the shoot and submission.
Each group will have one model wearing the group’s tee-shirt, and only submissions of the model assigned to your group will be considered.
You can submit only 1 “straight out of camera” (SOOC) photo in JPEG format for the contest. Submit your photo to your group leader after the photo shoot.
More details will be given at a briefing at Dewan Berjaya before the model photo shoot contest (after the seminar), around 4.45pm.
7. For Muslim participants, a surau is available nearby.
Thank you for registering as a participant of PSPJ’s 30th Anniversary Celebration at Bukit Kiara Equestrian and Country Resort on Saturday, 9th September 2017.
Due to overwhelming response, invitation to this event is now closed.
DATE: Saturday, 9th September 2017
Bukit Kiara Equestrian & Country Resort,
Jalan Bukit Kiara, Off Jalan Damansara,
60000 Kuala Lumpur
GPS for Visitor Parking: 3.1443, 101.6421
Do not park at parking area reserved for Bukit Kiara club members
1.00 pm – Foyer of Dewan Berjaya
– Registration for participants
– Collection of door gifts
– Sale of cameras and accessories by exhibitors
2.00 pm – Seminar at Dewan Berjaya
– Photo talk: “My Travels Around the World Photographing People” by Zung, the Ninja Photographer (The Photoz)
– Presentation by Hirohito Teraoka, FDK Corporation, Japan
– Photo talk: “Stories behind the pictures.” by Jimin Lai, former AFP Chief Photographer in KL
5.00 pm – Model shoot photo contest* at Swimming Pool and Garden Area
– Model photography
– Photo submission
7.00 pm – Gala Anniversary Dinner (9-course Chinese dinner) at Oriental Pearl Restaurant
(Dress code: Smart Casual)
– Opening speech by PSPJ President
– Welcome speech by PSPJ Founding President
– Judging of model shoot photo contest
– PSPJ30 cake cutting ceremony
– Prize giving ceremony
– Lucky draws
– Closing speech by Organising Chairman
10.00 pm – The end
* Prizes for Model shoot photo contest
– 1st Prize – RM 1000 cash prize (×1)
– 2nd Prize – RM 800 cash prize (×1)
– 3rd Prize – RM 500 (×1)
– Consolation – RM 200 (×5)
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PSPJ MEMBERS ONLY
1. Invitations to PSPJ30
You are encouraged to attend and also invite your friends and family to join the event. At the June monthly meeting on Saturday, 10th June 2017, the 30th anniversary committee will be distributing the PSPJ30 Invitation Cards.
The PSPJ30 dinner cost is RM120. In order to facilitate and confirm the number of attendees one month before the event, the Committee has decided to extend an Early Bird price of RM100 for payments made before 6 August 2017 (i.e. up to the August monthly meeting on 5 August 2017). Invitees who do not wish to attend the dinner will still have to pay for the dinner.
Payment for PSPJ30 Dinner
You can pay for the PSPJ30 dinner for yourself or on behalf of your family and friends from the following PSPJ30 Committee members. For brevity, we shall designate them as PSPJ30 Agents or Agents:
• Uthaya Kumaran (Kumar)
• CS Hooi
Other PSPJ30 Agents may be appointed as required in the future.
Payment for the dinner can be made to the agents in cash (if possible during the PSPJ monthly meetings) or online to Maybank Account No. 5641 8240 1964 (PERSATUAN SENIFOTO PETALING JAYA). If you pay online, kindly email the proof of payment (PDF or image of online payment receipt) to PSPJ30@pspj.org.
Validity of PSPJ30 Invitations
PSPJ30 Invitations are valid for the admission to PSPJ30 only upon registration of the serial number together with proof of payment for the Dinner to a PSPJ30 agent. Do read the back of the invitation for the Terms and Conditions.
If you would like to help us promote the event to non-PSPJ members, kindly inform a PSPJ30 Agent who will have to record the serial numbers of the invitations (10 invitations per book) that you will be responsible for. Invitations can be extended to anyone above 18 years old.
Please ensure that when an invitation is extended, the serial number is recorded together with the invitee’s name, mobile phone number and which of the PSPJ30 events they wish to participate in (seminar, photo shoot and/or dinner), in the invitation counterfoil (the part of the invitation book that is retained when the invitation is torn out) so that the organisers can better allocate seating and attendance for the events. On the back of the invitation, please also fill in the invitee’s name, together with your name and contact number so that the invitee can later contact you if necessary.
If the above is not possible due to bulk issuance of the invitations, do ensure that you have the contact number of the main invitee of the invitations in case we need to contact him/her to obtain or provide information later on if necessary.
You will also have to collect the dinner cost from the invitee when you issue the invitation. Once issued, you will then need to inform the invitation agent of the serial number of the issued invitation and pass the dinner payment in cash or online as described above. Unissued invitations will have to be returned to the PSPJ30 Agent.
2. Sponsorship of PSPJ30
To cover the cost of organising PSPJ30 we are accepting sponsorships through:
a. Purchase of advertisements in the 30th Anniversary Commemorative Book.
b. Contribution of gifts as door gifts and lucky draw prizes.
If you wish to contribute or have a contact with someone or a company that is willing to contribute, please contact Justin Lai at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Publicity for PSPJ30
You are encouraged to publicise PSPJ30 to your friends on social media. Please share the Facebook Event (http://tinyurl.com/facebook-pspj30) and use the hashtag #PSPJ30 in your posts. Please also share this webpage (www.pspj.org/pspj30), which is the official PSPJ30 webpage that will gradually be updated as more details are confirmed over time.
4. Volunteers for the 30th Anniversary Committee
We need more volunteers to assist us in organising PSPJ30 and would welcome your contribution in helping us make our 30th anniversary celebration a success. Please contact Patrick Foo at email@example.com if you wish help.