PSPJ ANNUAL PHOTO AWARDS 2015/16
Rules & Regulations:
PSPJ Members can submit a maximum of three (3) images (entries) from a monthly outing organized by the Club or theme(s) announced by the Organizing Committee of this ANNUAL PHOTO AWARDS 2015. This annual photo awards is open to all registered PSPJ members of all age groups, with a valid membership until the April of 2016 or before the expiry date of this awards to be sole decided by the organizing committee.
1. CONTEST PERIOD
This contest shall be held from month of May, 2015 to January 2016 or such other time that the organizing committee shall decide from time to time.
1.1. ENTRY PERIOD & SCORING
Only images submitted during the club’s monthly meetings are eligible for this Annual Photo Award.
2. SUBMISSION FORMAT OF IMAGES
Images captured by cameras can be of any format, using film or digital, in colour or monochrome (black and white) excluding images captured with mobile phone, tablet and/or Personal Digital Assistant. Images must be taken during the time and day of the Club’s outing announced for the month. Image submitted have to be in the form of a single image. NO WATER MARK or any form of photographer’s identification or copyright mark on the image is advised.
2.1 Any form of digital imaging (including sepia, monochrome) or image manipulations (including HDR and IR) is allowed. All top scored ” winners” are required to submit to the organizing committee upon notice thereto, the digital file of high res images that was posted, in the ORIGINAL FULL RESOLUTION with full EXIF data in a CD or through email for verification purposes, failing which the judged entry (image) will be automatically disqualified. The organizing committee may also at its discretion, request submission of a RAW file image.
2.2 All entries/ images must be the original creation of the member photographer and own the copyright of the image(s), unless written authorization from the creator and/or proprietary owner is provided at the time of verification to avoid a disqualification. The copy right of the image(s) submitted remains with the member/photographer. Where applicable, member/photographer must hold a model release for model(s) included in the image(s). Should the member photographer fails to fulfill this clause (2.2) , it shall indemnify the Club PSPJ and the organizing committee for all damages incurred, if any.
Member photographer shall not submit any pornographic, obscene, criminal or adult themes, links, cultural or race discrimination. or political or image(s) that in the organizing committee’s sole opinion is/are offensive.
2.3 At a monthly meeting, a panel of invited judges together will make their picks the best submissions (entries) and each best picked image will be awarded 9 points. A member can only submit a total of three (3) images from an outing, however in the event of two (2) or more official outings, the total submission allowed will be six (6) or nine (9) or more. For each picture (image) submitted, one (1) reward point is given. It is possible for a member to earn a maximum of twenty four (24) points if he/she is a winner of two outings and submitted a total of 6 images for the month. Only Top 15 photographers’ score will be tabled each month with accumulated points earned.
3. ENTRY PROCEDURE
A member/photographer needs to earn and win as much points from all the images he/she submitted from the monthly outings that the club organized. The winning members/photographers shall be based on their total accumulated overall (portfolio) number of best images submitted and won top scores.
4. JUDGING & RESULTS
At the last official club’s monthly meeting for the month of February 2016, the organizing committee together with a panel of judges will tally the final scores from the overall (portfolio) images submitted by each of the member participant/photographer and the winners will stand to win as follows:
4.1 Best Three (3) Member Photographers for the Year: Each member photographer is to receive a camera and other imaging products.
4.2 Nine (9) Consolation Prizes: Each member photographer is to receive imaging products and accessories.
4. 3 A member participating photographer/winner can only win one (1) prize. The organizing committee – comprising collectively the members of the PSPJ committee for the year 2015/16 reserves the right to substitute the prizes (with items of equivalent value) in the event of unavailability of stock.
4.4 Selected members of the PSPJ committee for the year 2015/16 directly involved in running this contest, representatives of any sponsor(s) who are members of the PSPJ are not allowed to win prizes, however they may submit images for judging and critiques at each monthly meeting.
4.5 All short listed winners are also required to submit his/her Full Name (as in new I/C or Passport), new I/C/Passport , valid Club’s membership No, email and telephone/mobile number within the stipulated date stated in the organizing committee mail and/or posting/ announcements at the monthly club’s members’ meeting notifying the said participant being a short listed winner.
4.6 The results of this contest will be decided by a panel of judges, appointed by the organizing committee. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
5. COPYRIGHT, REPRODUCTION & INDEMNITY
The organizing committee reserve the absolute rights to exhibit or reproduce any acceptable images (entries) in whatever way deemed fit for exhibitions and for any print based publicity and promotional purposes without prior notice, consent or payment of fee whatsoever to the participating members.
6. By participating in this contest awards, members are agree to be bound by these rules and regulations as well as the decisions made by the organizing committee and the panel of judges. In addition, he/she have read and understood the rules and regulations stated above and will adhere to these rules and regulations. She/he hereby declares that is the original photographer and that these images do not infringe upon any third party rights. All inquiries can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Your participation in the PSPJ ANNUAL PHOTO AWARDS 2015/16 is at your own risk and PSPJ neither assumes nor accepts any liability or responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental or other loss or damage whatsoever arising out of your participation in this contest. PSPJ assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable, for any damage your computer equipment or other property, or for any loss or corruption of data arising from your access to, use of, uploading or downloading of any Content to or from the Club’s Site, howsoever caused, whether by reason of software and/or hardware issues, including but not limited to viruses, Trojan horses, worms, software bombs or similar items or processes.