Photographic Society of Petaling Jaya (PSPJ) is a club with a humble beginning born by a few photography enthusiasts in 1987, PSPJ till today still provides the same opportunities for its members to pursue,learn, practise and share the art of creating images with their cameras. Members ranging from newbies, amateurs, hobbyist and serious photographers gathers regularly at our once a month meeting at the Harmony Hall C-19-2, Dataran 3Two, Jalan 19/1, Seksyen 19, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, every first Saturday of the month.
Over the years, close to 2,000 photography enthusiasts have walked in the doors to view the pictures taken during their club outings organised twice monthly and learned from the critique of the judges and members the salient points of the photos that were selected winners for each outing and reminders of the common mistakes in photography which often elude many photography amateurs.
Our members of all ages and nationality kept alive the spirit of the Club when it was founded i.e. “Enjoy Photography” among fellow photographers. With the many activities, photo sharing by guest speakers and home grown elites PSPJ membership has been growing steadilly as one of the few friendly and easy to blend in photo club that remain active and aspires to make a difference in photography in Malaysia. Senior members and Advisors are regular at meetings to share and guide learning photographers to learn and master this visual language as a special interest group. Contests and regular monthly outings are planned to keep any passionate and photo enthusiast thirst for photography knowledge and action throughout the year.
In one sense, photography is still about pointing a camera at the world and capturing the momentary image that woo and wows its audience. The differentiation is how the photographer sees, interprets and creates the image that is subject to ones perception, thoughts and emotional connection to the scene and through this the sense of appreciation and admiration of its creativity and uniqueness.
At the 30th AGM on Saturday, 4 March 2017, the following Committee Members and Auditors were elected to hold office for the year 2017/18:
1. President: Mr. Amril Izan Imran
2. Vice President: Mr. Boey Tuck Sai
3. Secretary: Ms. Wang Seok Mui
4. Assistant Secretary: Ms. Chu Chok Seng
5. Treasurer: Mr. Victor Cheong
6. Assistant Treasurer: Mr. Scott Yow (Membership sub-committee)
Ordinary Committee Members:
7. Mr. Adee Too (Membership sub-committee)
8. Ms. Ang Sew Hong (IT sub-committee)
9. Mr. Jon Liang (Outings sub-committee)
10. Mr. Kok Yoon Lee (Education sub-committee)
11. Mr. Loong Foo Ching (Membership sub-committee)
12. Mr. Michael Plascow (Education sub-committee)
(resigned on 31 July 2017 and replaced by Michelle Chan (Michiko) on 8 August 2017)
1. Mr. Albert Low
2. Mr. Uthaya Kumaran
The following Sub-committee Members and Advisors were appointed by the Committee as follows:
1. Mr. Conrad Ng (Outings sub-committee) *
2. Mr. Tan Kai Swee (Membership sub-committee) *
1. Mr. Goh Kheng Liang (KL Goh) *
2. Mr. Justin Lai *
3. Patrick Foo **
4. Mr. Raja Indra Putra (Ripi) *
* Appointed at the 1st Committee Meeting on 14 March 2017
** Appointed at the 2nd Committee Meeting on 11 April 2017
The Committee 2017/18 and Auditors